Friday, April 25, 2014

Friday: Time to repredict the NBA playoffs

Happy Friday everyone!
Wow, a lot changes in a week. I was so sure of my NBA playoff picks last week, but now not so much. I had the Bulls winning in five games, the Pacers winning in four and the Spurs sweeping the Mavs.
Well, those series went the complete opposite way I thought. So it’s time to repredict the first round and see how well I do this time.

The Marquee Matchup
No. 6 Golden State vs. No. 3 L.A. Clippers, West: This one hasn’t disappointed one bit so far. Except for game two, this series has been as back and forth as they come. The Clippers have the upper hand right now, winning game three last night in Oakland, but don’t be surprised if the Warriors come back with a dominating performance in game four. Steph Curry and Klay Thompson were both brilliant last night, but so were Chris Paul and Blake Griffin. I have my money on the Clippers, but I think their going to have to go seven games in this one.

Second Tier
No. 7 Memphis vs. No. 2 Oklahoma City, West: I’m the most surprised by this series. I thought the Thunder would stroll into the next round. Memphis wasn’t that great during the regular season, but is now proving it’s built for the post season. The Grizzlies lead two games to one, and the Thunder seem lost out there. Kevin Durant is even starting to struggle from the field. The Oklahoma City big men are just getting eaten alive by Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph, while no one seems able to guard Mike Conley Jr. This one will go seven games and I still like the Thunder, but buckle in for one heck of a series.

Might Get Interesting
No. 8 Atlanta vs. No. 1 Indiana, East: What the heck is going on with the Pacers? They just seem like all the chemistry they had from last year’s run to the Eastern Conference Finals is gone. This team is no longer the greatest challenger to the Miami Heat. That’s what happens when you go down two games to one against lowly Atlanta. But the Hawks are just outplaying Indiana right now. Center Roy Hibbert can’t hit the broad side of a barn and Paul George is trying to play hero ball. I’m going to stick with the Pacers in this one, but it’s going to take seven games.

Other Picks
West:
No. 1 San Antonio over No. 8 Dallas in six games
No. 5 Portland over No. 4 Houston in four games

East:
No. 2 Miami over Charlotte in four games
No. 5 Washinteron over Chicago in five games
No. 6 Brooklyn over No. 3 Toronto in six games.

Things I Missed
-Rick Reilly is calling it quits as a writing columnist. Here's his farewell
-Michigan forward Mitch McGary tested positive for marijuana and is now headed to the NBA. 
-The Northwestern football decides today whether it will unionize. 

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

Reach me at: award6344@gmail.com

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @_andrewward

No comments:

Post a Comment